Re: Network Interfaces

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 15:10 -0600, Telly Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	What concept am I missing?
>
> 	If I have my laptop connected to the computer through an ethernet, if I switch it to a USB port, how do I have the OS pick it up?  It seems that I
> have to have the computer installed with whatever interface that I plan to use.  Am I making any sense?
>
> TW

	For ease of switching between the 2 interfaces you may want to install
and look into network-manager (sudo apt-get network-manager
network-manager-gnome). This application has a applet and normally
detects switching between devices. If your using ndiswrapper for your
wireless don't bother though because ndiswrapper and network-manager
don't work well together.