network problem with router

Dear People,

I'm having some odd networking problems with my router, The D-Link DGL-4300 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006TIA02/002-4711104-7484852).

Incoming ssh connections through the router using port forwarding to two different machines with different network cards and different drivers are drastically slow with kernel versions 2.6.18 and 2.6.17 (stock Debian kernels), both initial connections and ongoing traffic. This problem does not show up when running 2.6.16 kernels or earlier (as far as I can tell) on either machine.

I'm flummoxed as to what to do about this. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

                                                               Faheem.