xsession file

Hi all,

I have Debian Etch 4.0 and it is quite new to me. I want to customize some scripts starting with Gnome every time when I boot up and log in, and the method chosen is to use ~/.xsession file. The problem is I do not see that file in my home folder. I need to create one, but then I do not know what is the "official" command(s) to pass off the process to gnome whenever the script is implement. Tried gdm, xdm, /etc/init.d/gdm, startx etc... with no luck. Everybody has an idea?

Thanks,

KC.