How to change pmount default settings?

Hi,

Using Etch

Does anyone know how to change pmount default iocharset?

I've got a vfat flash disk, and my locale is set to ru_RU.KOI8-R.

When my flash is automounted  in KDE russian filenames are displayed as ??????.

Man pmount says: "default: utf8 if called in an UTF-8 locale, otherwise mount default". Going to man mount->mount options for vfat->iocharset: "The default is iso8859-1". So where or how can I change the default iso8859-1 to koi8-r?

The only solution I found is explicitly indicate it in /etc/fstab:

/etc/sda1 /mnt/flash vfat rw,users,iocharset=koi8-r 0 0

This works fine, but is it possible to change the default iso8859-1 to koi8-r without editing fstab?

Many TIA