Re: Sending Email from script

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 14:51:18 -0400, Mace, Nathan wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote

[...]

> > Do you have to provide a username and a password to use the exchange
> > box with evolution? In that case you might have to put these
> > credentials into /etc/exim4/passwd.client and/or set up exim4 to use
> > the exchange box as a "smarthost".

[...]

> No I didn't have to authicate to the exchange server.

OK, so much for that theory...

You could still try using "smarthost" if you have not done so already.
The corresponding option in the "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" dialog
is:

"mail sent by smarthost; received via SMTP or fetchmail"

or

"mail sent by smarthost; no local mail"

(depending on whether you want local mail delivery).

          Florian   |