Re: Sending Email from script

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 09:30:46PM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Mace, Nathan wrote:
>
> > But the fact that you got an error message seems to indicate that my box
> > is doing its part to send the email, just that the Exchange server isn't
> > accepting it.  Or am I interrupting the results incorrectly?
>
> As far as I understand it, yes. It even receives the error message from
> our mail server at this side of the atlantic...
>
> Other possibility would be that your nameserver or resolver set-up is
> incorrect. Can you do a
>
> ping exchange.server
>
> where exchange.server is the part after the "@" of the e-mail-address?

we've got to get these threads combined into one as its getting really
confusing.

johannes, note that we're dealing with two outgoing servers here, one
is an exchange server and one is some linux box that seems to be
rejecting mail from his machine...

nathan, you need to pick one option and stick with it...