Re: FW: Sending Email from script

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 01:56:30PM -0400, Mace, Nathan wrote:
> I re-ran it again with the following options:
>
> Split config into small files?   No
> General Type of Mail Configuration		Internet site; mail is
> sent and received directly using SMTP
> System mail name:		hostname.mydomain.edu
> IP Addresses for incoming SMTP			172.16.0.39 (servers IP
> address)

I think you also need to specify 127.0.0.1 here

> Other destinations for which mail is accepted
> hostname.mydomain.edu
> Domains to relay mail for:		<<Blank>>		(could
> this be my problem?)

we're talking about exim on the machine that is trying to send the
mail, correct? in that case, no this is not the problem. relaying is
taking mail from one server and sending it to another, and you are not
doing that, unless I misunderstand.

> Machines to replay mail for:		<<Blank>>
> Keep number of DNS-queries minimal?		No
> Delivery method for local mail:		Mbox
>

> Do I have something specified wrong?

other than possibly the 127.0.0.1 above, i don't think so. how about
providing the relevant snips from /var/log/exim4/mainlog when trying
to send this mail.