Re: openvpn in spite of firewalls

On Jul 18, 2007, at 10:15 AM, PETER EASTHOPE wrote:

Folk,

I've installed openvpn on two systems and tried some
configurations including Example 2 from the man page.
Seems that firewalls block successfully (sarcasm).
Nevertheless, http, ssh, ftp and a few other protocols
work.

If you control the firewalls, the obvious answer would be to open the port that OpenVPN is using. But I assume you'd have done that already if that was the case.

Ideally, you could find a port the firewall doesn't block that you're not using for other purposes. For example, many firewalls allow HTTPS on TCP port 443, so you could try that one. UDP port 53 is another possibility; it's usually left open for DNS purposes.