Re: ETCH iso-with security updates

Le Wednesday 18 July 2007 16:34:37 Alan Ianson, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed July 18 2007 06:54, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> > >From where can I get latest etch ISO image with latest security updates?
>
> I haven't seen any updates to the etch iso's yet. They are updated
> periodically, maybe once or twice a year. It's only been three months since
> etch was released so I think there will be a short wait for them but they
> will be updated in time.

When the ISOs are updated, the Debian release number is incremented.
We will have a Debian Etch 4.0r1 with all security update at that time.

Since then, you must update after or during installation.
By doing a network installation, you will have less to update after
installation.

Perhaps you can build newer ISO with Jigdo ? I don't know.