Re: Notebook Battery

> I know the answer to this will probably hurt, but I thought I'd give it
> a shot in any case.  My notebook's battery life took a sudden drop from
> around an hour to about 15 minutes.   I is a 4800mAh battery.

Given the specs of your battery (10.8V 4.8Ah, i.e. 51Wh), an autonomy of one
hour means your laptop consumes around 50W, which is a hell of a lot for
a laptop, unless you keep it constantly in stress test (with full CPU and
disk, and graphics card load).
So I'd guess that your battery's original lifetime is a good bit longer (at
least 2h), and that when it lasted an hour, it was already on its death bed.

> design capacity:         329 mAh

So even the design capacity has been changed, which looks rather odd.

> Is there anything I can do to improve this, or this battery just on the way
> out?

I think it's been dead for a while now.

> I'm just bothered by the suddeness of this drop in battery life - it's
> been at about an hour for a good six months now, and stayed pretty stable.
> Unless some of the cells just died.

Get a new one, or try refilling this one.

        Stefan