Re: Problem with amixer or ...

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 10:16:01AM +0100, annals wrote:
> I hope someone can point me in the right direction on this, as I
> can't be 100% sure I've not just overlooked something (I'm by no
> means an expert etc.).  I get errors with alsamixer/amixer that
> prevent sound from working on this machine:
> Linux boxname 2.6.18-4-amd64 #1 SMP [...] x86_64 GNU/Linux
> (Debian 2.6.18.dfsg.1-12etch2)
>
>   When I run alsaconf, before 'Have a lot of fun!', I get: [...]
> Setting default volumes...
> amixer: Mixer default load error: Invalid argument

this doesn't really answer the question, but a recent thread discussed
that alsaconf is deprecated and shouldn't be used any more. With the
advent of udev, sound should "just work". so maybe this will help...

check:

and this thread which deals with OSS, but may shed some light because
it raises the alsaconf issue.

hth