Re: dialup modem connection

> Install pon

> Then install pppconfig and run that as root

> Then if you are already as user added to dip it will all just work.

> I am still on dialup and about to move onto satellite broadband
> because there is no other broadband option. One of the joys of living
> in the bush.

> Be well,
> Charlie

Thanks Charlie.  Installing pppconfig worked.  I wonder why kppp
doesn't have this as a dependency.

I live in the big city, where the majority have high-speed, via phone or
cable.  I'm finding that my 56K modem is working fine -- better than I
remember 56K modems working (perhaps because there is less dialup
traffic.)  Good to try high-speed though, for running webservers and
stuff.

Anyway, thanks again.

Mark