wodim records at 4x with a 32x capable recorder

No matter if I run it as root or as normal user, and no matter which
speed parameter I set to wodim, when recording a CD-RW it is always
defaulting to 4x, even altough my recorder reports being able to do
CD-RW at 32x.

(...)
Speed set to 706 KB/s
(...)

Recorder is a BENQ DW1650, connected as slave to IDE second
channel. hdparm's been set in this channel to -X71 returning no error
so DMA mode is set. I am calling genisoimage and wodim like this.

:  [ video ] $; genisoimage -r -J --joliet-long record/ | wodim -eject -v dev=/dev/cdrw1 speed=32 -

Any ideas welcome.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres        GnuPG key: DE721AF4
                                   Jabber: ivalladt@gmail.com