Re: Computer freezes with linux-image-2.6.21-2

Miguel J. Jiménez wrote:
Miguel J. Jiménez escribió:
No, I did not compile anything special... but I do a lot of extensive CPU use (java, eclipe, postgres, apache, php, jboss all running together) but as I said before nothing happened while having the other kernel... :'( Anyhow I have recompiled the kernel deactivating paravirtualization (it's marked as experimental and I do not use it anyway) option and I will give another try. At home (the problem is at my job) I use a compiled k7 (no paravirtualization so I can use original nvidia driver) and no problem so far either...

Mmm I returned to previous kernel (2.6.18-4) and now goes OK (the compiled version also frozer my computer) ... anyhow, I have read at LWN that 2.6.21 is *super* buggy ... I think I will maintain this version until a new one (less buggy version) appears...

This is interesting, because I am running Lenny/Sid off of 2.6.21 and all seems well. This morning's updates did remove some linux-headers, but I rebooted to test the machine and it restarted just fine.

I have noticed however that my machine has begun to make those kinds of noises I used to associate with Win98 ... y'know those clicking and grinding type noises when the CPU is under load. I don't know if a kernel can make a machine do that, but it has been since upgrading to 2.6.21 that those sounds have started. It could be coincidence, though my machine is but four months' old.