Re: RAM puzzle

Hi Ron,

On 7/16/07, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net > wrote:

> Does this mean CONFIG_HIGNMEM4G was not set when the kernel was compiled?

Correct.  There were no 486 machines with more than a GB of RAM, and
those CPUs probably don't have the features needed by HIGHMEM.

> And how do I install the right kernel? This one came with the Debian
> Installer CD.

# apt-get install linux-image-2.6.21-2-686

Thanks very much. If I don't reply again within half an hour, something's gotten
seriously wrong, and I ended up with my machine totally useless (for now).

Manon.