Re: Exim config on multihomed machine

Alex Samad wrote:
On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 10:47:46AM +0100, koffiejunkie wrote:
Alex Samad wrote:
On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 09:05:15AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
Any one else doing this. How can I configure exim to have different primary host names dependant on which relay it is using ?
[snip]
Any body know how to setup a load balanced router in exim ?
I cannot speak for Exim, but I've never found an MTA that can do this (or I've never managed to figure out how). What I would do is setup two instances of the MTA, with different helo values, and make each one the other's fallback relay.
Yep that should work!

thanks
The downside, to this, of course, is that if your machine is ever
offline completely, mail will bounce around between the two instances
until it made too many hops and then get
bounced/dropped/devnulled/whatever.  So this is only a useful setup if
the machine is always on and always online.