Re: Subject Confusion

On Jul 14, 2007, at 3:10 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
Why? Reply-to-mailing-list has been a feature of every mail client worth
using this decade.

Well, if your definition of "mail clients worth using" doesn't include unmodified versions of Thunderbird, OS X Mail, Pine, or most webmail clients. In fact, the only mailers I know of that get this right out of the box are Elm and KMail, but I'm sure there are some I don't know about.

I do appreciate the Thunderbird "reply-to-list" plugin, but it's got some serious user interface flaws, has an odd dependence on another plugin, and requires patching Thunderbird if the distribution I'm using hasn't done so already. It comes across more as a hack than an integrated feature.