Re: Is the Debian-user server slow or ... ?

On Sun July 15 2007 13:31, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 12:04:25PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Email isn't always synchronous and is rarely instant; it's possible that
> > replies get delivered before the original message.
>
> I run mailing lists myself and over the past few decades have belonged to
> quite a few.
>
> Only debian-user routinely takes 12 hours to send posts.

Hmm, I've never seen a delay like that. When I use my isp's mail server it
does take about 10 minutes for it to get delivered.

Lately I've been using my gmail account. It's the closest to instantaneous I
have seen (hope they can keep it up). I sent a message this morning to
majordomo@lists.debian.org and after I sent it I checked for new mail and
there was the reply about 5 seconds later.

Is there anything else in the mix that might account for those delays?