Re: debconf output

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Mathias Brodala wrote:
Hi Hugo.

Hugo Vanwoerkom, 14.07.2007 23:19:
I'd like to keep a record of what I told debconf for the packages that
it asked configuration parameters for.

What's the best way to extract that info?

Just found this command by trial and error: debconf-get-selections.

Regards, Mathias

Neat. But that gives everything. I need to extract just the debconf answers I gave during the dist-upgrade.

One could copy/paste the answers during the actual process. But I forgot to do that.

Sort of silly this problem. I will start hunting with an editor.

And the answer is:

Configuring man-db
Configuring mysql-server-5.0
Adduser
Mail Server configuration
Configuring portmap
Configuring beep
ca-certificates configuration
Configuring gpm
Configuring popularity-contest
rkhunter
Configuring hddtemp

were displayed by debconf. I got the answers too: found out I had answered 'no' to popularity-contest so I reconfigured that.

Debconf should have an option to record its activities into a text file, the way it happened in the past.

Took 2 hours of hunting/pecking to get this info.

Hugo