Re: firefox slows system

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 07:29:07AM -0700, Jason Dunsmore wrote:
> On 6/18/07, Rico Secada <coolzone@it.dk> wrote:
> >The problem lies with Firefox itself. No there is no fix, it has just
> >grown to become a bloated peace of software. The problem is also very
> >known in the world of BSD.

> The problem is with Firefox for Linux.  It's frustrating that the
> Windows version of Firefox runs so much faster on the same hardware.

    Yeah, Rico's response was less than helpful.  I see the same problem
myself.  In fact it is a large reason why I have stopped using my Linux laptop
as my main browsing machine.  The problem simply doesn't exist on the Windows
version.

    If you're having the same problem I have then it is because Firefox gets
stuck in an endless loop logging some sort of UI state.  It is endlessly
writing out the same string to the hard drive.  I only found out that is what
it was doing when it had filled up the remaining 13Gb on my drive with logs.
I haven't been able to track down a bug in bugzilla for it but then, haven't
much tried either.