Re: dpkg doesn't show newer kernel packages available?

H.S.(hs.samix@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
> > H.S.(hs.samix@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> How come I cannot see newer kernel packages available with dpkg:
> >> $> dpkg -l linux-image-*
> >
> > Maybe because dpkg show whats installed, not available?
>
> Please see my other post.
>

> >> doesn't list kernels 2.6.2* at all. However, I can get some  hits if I
> >> try to install such a package:
> >
> > Try (apt-cache | aptitude) search linux-image-2.6.21*
>
> I tried this before I installed the new kernel today and remember that
> it didn't show me the new kernel as available.

I replied _before_ your last post.

I should have mentioned that _before_ you do the search you should
do an aptitude update, which you must have done between your posts
because in the last post, you did see what was available when you used
dpkg.

Wayne

--
"Has anyone had problems with the computer accounts?"
"Yes, I don't have one."