Recommendation request: scheduler

Dear all

At the risk of igniting another holy war, I am wanting to poll opinions on a scheduler for appointments and such like. I am looking for an app that is lightweight, will sit quietly in the Gnome notification area, will flash alerts/reminders, and can be started at login.

I don't mind if it has an address book or not, because I won't likely use it, leaving that stuff to my e-mail. I was thinking of Evolution, but I wasn't all that impressed with its way of handling filtering nor with its operability with the notification area icon. I may give that a spin later though and see what a longer run is like.

So, any recommendations - I have KDE installed, so perhaps there is a KDE-native app or is there a Gnome-based one? I definitely want it to use notifications and be light weight.

Cheers