Re: error with netinstall debian etch with a custom repositary

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 16:36:59 +0530, Vimal Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to pxeboot Debian Etch with the image netboot.tar.gz and
> it works perfectly until i selected a custom debian mirror with the
> necessary packages i need. The netboot installer is trying to get
> release file and it failed with the message Downloading a file failed:
> Retry; Change Mirror; Cancel. The console error says:
> anna[] wget:
> anna[]:server returned error 404
> net-retriever: error: dists/etch/Release is unsigned.
>
> But in the repository/mirror, there is a proper Release file. I tried
> signing Release and Release.gpg got created. But that too failed
> showing the installer cannot verify the signature.

Apt will not trust your signature until you add your public key to apt's
keyring with the "apt-key add" command. I have no idea if you can easily
do this during installation, though. You can try to switch to another VT
and run the command.

> Is there any way to tell the installer to trust my mirror and install
> the packages from it with out checking the gpg keys?

Does "my mirror" mean that you have set it up yourself? In that case you
cant try to add the Release and the Release.gpg file from one of the
official mirrors. If this mirror is controlled by somebody else and it
does not have a valid signature on its Release file then I would not
install anything at all from that mirror.

          Florian   |