Re: fluxbox weirdness

On 13 Jul 2007 16:44:19 GMT, Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

On 2007-07-12, Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just rebooted my laptop for the first time in ages (usually I just
> hibernate to RAM). Fluxbox is behaving very strangely. I have the Alt
> keys bound to a number of handy things, such as switching windows and
> switching desktops. None of the alt combinations appear to work,
> although Mod4 does, as does None Pause, None Scr_lock and None Print.
> Also, my xterm windows are now decorated with a title bar which sticks
> out above the window frame.

Further to these issues, I've now noticed that on switching
windows, the first keypress is ignored. e.g., when I switch into an
xterm window and press enter, nothing happens. Hitting enter again
produces the normal result. I've noticed this same behaviour with
emacs, and it seems to affect every key - the first key press is
ignored.

Any suggestions as to what's going on? This is kind of frustrating as
it introduces typos into commands when I jump to an xterm.

Thanks,

Tyler

I don't think I can help with that problem. I am not seeing here (sid,
fluxbox 1.0~rc3-2), and it sounds like an actual bug not a config
setting. Does this happen when switching to other windows besides
xterms (text editor, etc)?

Cheers,
Kelly