apsfilter: error creating directory for temporary files

Hello,

I'm trying to get apsfilter setup to work on my PII box.  Everything
works from the apsfilterconfig program run by root but I get this when I
try to print with

	lpr -Pibmoki [filename]

Either as root or myself.

I have pam-tmpdir installed that sets up per-user $TMP ,
 i.e. root has TMP=/tmp/user/0

I'm assuming that this has something to do with it.  Whatever user the
lpd is running as is ending up with root's $TMPDIR

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug.