Re: xprint config

Gernot Hassenpflug on 13/07/07 07:20, wrote:
Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> writes:
Amusingly I only want it because it allows you to print to file easily
with two default printers that it sets up for you, one for PS and one
for PDF, and it puts them in your home directory. Very nice and
convenient, but it doesn't do it.

The cups-pdf pacakge will allow you to print to PDF from OO and other
software that obeys CUPS configurations. PS is also a usual option.

Wouldn't cups be overkill? I suspect that I would still need xprintf to print from Firefox and Thunderbird, although I'd be happy to find out I'm wrong.

Hopefully the PDF produced will be a good rendering of the actual page I wanted to print, and I have heard that the quality of rendering can vary from package to package.

I'll see if I can set it up now.

thanks for the tip
Adam