Re: Intel PRO 3945 wireless in testing

Sebastian Canagaratna schrieb:

Hi:

   I  have a new laptop (Dell 1710) on which I installed testing (lenny)
   using the netinstall cd on 11th July. The kernel is
   2.6.21-2-686(i686). Since the wireless would not work, I downloaded
   the ipw3945 module from testing and installed it.
   The card is detected but fails to load the module. (The ether network
   card was plugged in simltaneously; the latter worked; the wireless
does not work with or without the ethernet plugged in).
   I get, from dmesg:
ipw3945.ucode load failed: Reason -2

you are probably missing the package "firmware-ipw3945" if it fails to load the microcode. check if ipw3945.ucode is installed in /lib/firmware

additionally you need the regulatory daemon package named "ipw3945d" to have your wifi work.

greets, frank.

    Could not read microcode: -2
    PCI interrupt for device 0000:0C:00.0 disabled
    Probe of 0000:0C:00.0 failed with error -2

    I have seen a similar message on google but there was no resolution.

    Any suggestions.

Sebastian Canagaratna

Ohio Northern University
Ada, OH 45810