Re: Help - Gnome won't rune

Ron Johnson wrote the following on 07/14/2007 05:49 AM:

Dump gdm (or whichever is the display manager of your choice).

From that command line, su and remove [xgk]dm and reboot. Then you'll get a console and log in using that, and type "startx" to get to GNOME.

Thanks! That got me back on.

I figured you meant to rm /usr/sbin/gdm but I just mv'd it to a different name. Just in case!

So, what do I have to do to get gdm(?) to behave like it used to?

The ability to run more than one Gnome session is really handy.
I mean what I happens when I do ctl-alt-F8, -F9, etc.

Thanks again!
Dennis