Updating ssl cert for exim4

My exim4 self generated SSL certificate expired today.

So - I headed to the server, ran the following (taken from the exim4 site)

openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout /etc/exim4/exim.key -out / etc/exim4/exim.crt -days 9999 -nodes

This overwrote the old certificates. Restarted exim4.

Now - thunderbird keeps telling me that the site uses a certificate that has expired today.

I have tried deleting all certs in thunderbird, and also tried manually installing the new certificate - to no avail - it keeps telling me that the certificate that exim4 has is the old one.

Anyone know if this is an exim4 config issue or a thunderbird caching issue or? Any hints on how to fix?

Chris Searle
debian-user@chrissearle.org