Re: Weird problems with laptop hibernate/boot/shutdown

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 09:20:47PM +0200, Marcus Libäck wrote:

> Are you by chance using a 2.6.21 kernel and uswsusp? I have noticed the
> exact same thing with the above combination on testing. With 2.6.18
> everything works perfectly.
>
> My laptop is a ThinkPad X40.

I'm glad I'm not alone! I am using 2.6.21-2-686. For power management
I installed gnome-power-manager, and uswsusp is not installed.

I have dual boot in this laptop, and I tried Windows yesterday, and
noticed nothing strange. Well, actually there was some message at the
end, something about the battery. It was in Japanese, though (ok, it's
a long story), and I didn't have time to read it carefully either.

Anyway, it's a very annoying problem. Now boot in Linux seems to be
ok, but shutdown goes step by step, stimulated by space bar hits.

Regards,

						Victor