post installation problems of Debian Etch in my laptop

Hello
I have newly installed Debian Etch in Compaq Presario V3133AU. I faced
some problems and few of them i could fix. I wanted to know are these
problems common or only I am facing them. Some problems which i faced
were

1. No default cpufreq support. However I fixed it but still there is
one thing I have never understood. I saw in one of the links that AMD
Turion TL-52 supports 8 frequency steps and in my laptop it only shows
two. My laptop gets heated up very early also. Battery backup only
1:30 hrs.
2. Hibernate and suspend support is missing. Still trying to find a solution.
3. Brightness: There are a brightness control keys "fn-F7 and fn-F8"
to increase and decrease brightness but they never work. Then I
installed proprietary nVidia driver and going into its
"nvidia-settings" I modify brightness. Every time I restart i need to
start "nvidia-settings" to get proper brightness.
4. When I run Compiz the laptop gets hanged sometimes with with Compiz
consuming 50-60% processor. Even when moving windows the compiz
consumes memory. Is it normal? I have got nVidia Geforce 6150 Go
Graphics card. Otherwise with compiz disabled laptop works completely
normal.

Regards
--
G V Manu