SATA support

I'm building my first PC, it will run Debian of course.

I'm buying the parts off of newegg.com and noticed that many of the newer DVD burners have a SATA interface. I'm looking at getting both the HDDs and the DVD burner with a SATA interface, but wasn't sure if it could make the process more complicated from a Debian standpoint, and wanted to see how safe of a bet it would be to use one.

I understand that the interface is faster and cleaner from a physical standpoint, but more complicated and less tried and true from a software standpoint.

I would prefer to have the option to playback DVD movies on this machine, in the past I've had trouble getting smooth playback on a PC versus a dedicated stand alone DVD player. This may only be an issue with older machines, but I might be wrong in that assumption.

Any advice on this issue, or any issue in building a newer Debian PC would be excellent.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dustin