Re: [debian-user] Subject Confusion

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 15:45, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Ted,
>
> Mathias has shown you a nice  way to intersperse comments with the
> original text. It is the generally preferred method here and on any
> other linux or OSS oriented list I've subscribed to.

SNIP

> fine. Sometimes, though, using To: or Cc: can casue problems if mail
> comes through with really broken headers.
>
> > > PS: BTW Andrew,  I am posting on the bottom but still feel
> > > uncomfortable about posting that way because this confuses many who do
> > > business on the Internet.
>
> Just out of curiousity, have you ever had anyone complain about
> bottom-posting?

While I've never had anyone complain, I have had people simply not see what I
had replied to them because my reply was either interspersed with their
message or was at the bottom of their message. Unfortunately, I have had this
problem not only with people who don't know any better, but also with other
technical people.

I've found it's easier to find out what mail client they're using and adjust
things accordingly.

Regards,

Anson