Re: pdf document viewer problem in espacenet

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:36:42PM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> Dear Debianists
>
> I have been searching on the espace patent web site.  You can get the
> original patent document from the site as a pdf file.
>
> I think its unrestricted access here folks.
>
> It was in the past.
>
> But if you search for a patent and then try to download the pdf file it
> starts to do it and then says the pdf file is locked and asks for a
> password.
>
> Weird
>
> Could it be it doesn't like the document viewer (not Acrobat that seems to
> expect) in free debian Etch ?

I had some trouble recently using evince to view some pdf's. It
claimed they were locked, when they were not. What view are you using?
Try something that would ignore a lock: xpdf comes to mind. or maybe
one of the pdf2<something> converters.

I just tried your link in sid using iceweasel and xpdf. works just
fine. shows a patent for a clipless pedal design.