Re: [debian-user] Subject Confusion

Ted,

Mathias has shown you a nice  way to intersperse comments with the
original text. It is the generally preferred method here and on any
other linux or OSS oriented list I've subscribed to.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 07:41:09PM +0200, Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hi Ted.
>
> Ted Hilts, 11.07.2007 19:29:
> > [ Discussion about Thunderbird and subject filtering ]
> > Interesting!
> >
> > Yes, I understand what  you and the others  have determined.  I have
> > just made the appropriate changes to THUNDERBIRD  using the  "To or cc"
> > header with the value "debian-user@lists.debian.org"
>
> You better go with the List-Id header since you only have to filter on one
> header then.

I second this. List-Id is the best, though the others generally work
fine. Sometimes, though, using To: or Cc: can casue problems if mail
comes through with really broken headers.

> > PS: BTW Andrew,  I am posting on the bottom but still feel uncomfortable
> > about posting that way because this confuses many who do business on the
> > Internet.

Just out of curiousity, have you ever had anyone complain about
bottom-posting?