Re: udev at boot

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:58:10 -0700
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 05:47:06PM +0200, Lucio Crusca wrote:
> > Hello *,
> >
> > I'm fighting with a problem that comes up sometimes at reboot with
> > Etch. Sometimes the system hangs on the message:
> >
> > "Waiting for /dev to be fully populated..."
>
> does it hang for good here? or does it free up and move on after a
> while? we could use more information. If you can rig up a serial
> console for capturing the boot that would be helpful.
>

> my initial reaction to intermittent problems like this is that it's
> hardware related. <shrug>

    I get exactly the same thing every once in a while on my Sid
partition. Hitting the reset switch usually cures it. But it NEVER
happens on my Dapper installation. And it never happened before I
switched computers to my current one...Intel 865GB MB, with 2.6 GHZ
dual core processor. Could that (dual-core) be the reason. I have
goggled the problem but never came up with much.

--
    Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how