Re: Opera is faster, but...

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
tejas wrote:

Firefox in Windows is faster than Iceweasel/Firefox in Debian and
Ubuntu. Firefox in Windows is faster than Swiftfox in Debian/Ubuntu.
Firefox in Zenwalk is faster than Iceweasel/Firefox/Swiftfox in
Debian.(may be it is because of Zenwalk's low mem usage). Opera in
Debian is faster than Iceweasel/Firefox/Swiftfox in Debian. Opera in
Windows is fastest!

*Why?* Please clarify!

I doubt that the reasons can be given unless they are very obvious. This whole question of "faster" depends so much on feelings and specific applications/sites.

I know opera in Debian is faster on my two-seater than iceweasel. But that is when it reads my wordpress blog. But in most other sites the advertisements get in the way and then it is slower again.

E.g. with a stopwatch: reloading my blog page (displays all posts) in Opera takes 4 secs. In iceweasel takes 12 secs. All the time. That is not a very scientific test but that is the reason I say "it's faster".

Hugo