Re: spreadsheet question

On 07/10/07 20:34, David Fox wrote:
On 7/10/07, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:

For the debian command line user, what spreadsheet package comes equipped
with the most functions?

I'm not sure that "command line user" and "spreadsheet" should be uttered in
the same sentence. :) Be that as it may, spreadsheets traditionally are
graphical at least in how they are presented. There is/was a spreadsheet
program that could be run in a non-graphical mode, called "sc" and it still
may be available. I tinkered with it in my early days with Linux when there
wasn't a lot of this sort of thing available. ISTR that with "sc" you could
pipe things through it as well as operate it in a more "traditional"
spreadsheet manner.

If you like/tolerate vi, then sc is more than adequate for simple arithmetic. Don't know about it's fancier functions.

If you drank the emacs kool-aid, use oleo.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA