Re: xen, raid and initramfs failure

martin f krafft schrieb:
> On 2007-07-10 07:37, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>
> I have reverted the patch and instead put a warning in place:

[snip]

> E: mdadm: levels should be either raid*, linear, or multipath.
> W: mdadm: falling back to emergency procedure in initramfs.
>
> This is a better approach than trying to cater for human error,
> I think.

FYI:
from mdadm man page:
       -l, --level=
              Set raid level.  When used with --create, options are:
linear, raid0, 0, stripe, raid1, 1,  mirror,  raid4,  4,  raid5,  5,
              raid6, 6, raid10, 10, multipath, mp, faulty.  Obviously
some of these are synonymous.

see also http://man-wiki.net/index.php/8:mdadm

I would consider either addressing the issue with the mdadm maintainers
or accepting the synonyms.

Cheers,
David