Re: Help buying Economic Printer

David Brodbeck wrote:

On Jul 9, 2007, at 8:15 PM, Andrew Malcolmson wrote:

If you're looking for an inexpensive printer you can pick up tomorrow at your local
Staples, some of the most recent HP's are surprisingly cheap to run.

The new $99 C4280 (an All-in-One, so also a scanner) takes a $30 add on large
black cartridge that yields 750 pages, for a cost per page of around 4
cents.

One caveat with these is they can get expensive in a hurry if you don't print very often. I've had a lot of nearly full inkjet cartridges dry out or become irretrievably clogged after a month or two of disuse, over the years.

Hmm. I have s DeskJet 895C which has been sitting up for over a year
with cartridges in it. I plugged it in, started it up, and it prints
just fine. It had a couple of clogged nozzles, but after printing
three test pages, they cleared up.

As always, YMMV

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.