Re: [debian-user] Subject Confusion

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:27:37AM -0600, Ted Hilts wrote:

> The point here is that it would be nice as well as professional if one
> could automatically filter and view email according to a single
> convention which most of the other lists have done.  In my view, using
> "Re subject" when "subject" can be anything is confusing and blank
> "subject" makes no sense to me at all.

Well, the automatic filtration can be done on the standard mailing list
headers (which someone has already pointed out).

> I use (and will continue to use) THUNDERBIRD for Linux, MS, and other
> email correspondence. Perhaps someone could suggest how I might bridge
> this problem with Debian email.

If Thunderbird lacks the basic ability to filter on an arbitrary header,
then you may want to consider filtering using the To and Cc addresses.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez