Re: Help buying Economic Printer

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 05:36:09PM -0000, ispmarin wrote:
> Hello all at Debian User.
>
> I am looking for a printer with very low per page cost (catridges,
> tonners etc) and not very expensive to buy. I dont care if it is laser
> or deskjet. Performance is not a issue (it can be slow), and the
> quality of the page dont need to be high (I will print mainly texts
> and code, and very occasionally a graph), and can be black and white.

If you're looking for an inexpensive printer you can pick up tomorrow at your local
Staples, some of the most recent HP's are surprisingly cheap to run.

The new $99 C4280 (an All-in-One, so also a scanner) takes a $30 add on large
black cartridge that yields 750 pages, for a cost per page of around 4
cents.

However, since this is a new model, for driver support you'd have to
install hplip from download instead of from the Debian
repositories.