Re: Opera is faster, but...

ArcticFox wrote:

On Jul 9, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Sam Leon wrote:

Matthew K Poer wrote:On Monday 09 July 2007 3:14 pm, Sam Leon wrote:

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

On an unrelated matter I installed Opera on Sid.

It *is* faster than iceweasel.

But because it hasn't got the ease of the adblock extension, that
turns out to be a wash.

Hugo

I really want to use opera but I can't because it seems to force you to
use tabs >_<

Sam

Alright, although I cannot imagine why in the world you would not want tabs...

In Opera's menu bar, click under Tools and select Preferences. Click on the
Advanced tab. Near the bottom of the "Tabs" section there is a setting
called "Open windows instead of tabs." That's Opera 9.21, at least.

Yes played with that.  It would open in a new window but if you clicked the home button on that new window it would go to a blank page.  The other thing that drove me up the wall with opera was the fact that I can't have more than one instance up.  I guess they just want you to use one page and fill it up with a whole bunch of tabs??

Sam

Why are you so anti-tabs? I find tab browsing to be a lot faster and easier to switch between tabs then trying to open multiple windows/instances.

I don't know.  I have never liked tabs

Sam