Re: USB-stick crashes (a KDE problem)

Just a quick update:

This appears to be a KDE problem. I just mounted the USB stick successfully under gnome.

Art Edwards

Art Edwards wrote:
I just did a dist-upgrade (testing, amd64) and now the system will not read a usbstick.

I get the following error in kde, during automatic mount:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc1, missing codpage or other error
in some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so

So,

chalcogenide/var/log>dmesg | tail
sdc: Mode Sense: 00 00 00 00
sdc: assuming drive cache: write through
SCSI device sdc: 8060927 512-byte hdwr sectors (4127 MB)
sdc: Write Protect is off
sdc: Mode Sense: 00 00 00 00
sdc: assuming drive cache: write through
sdc: sdc1
sd 4:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sdc
usb-storage: device scan complete
FAT: Unrecognized mount option "flush" or missing value

This has happened for both of my USB sticks. I should point out that they are still read on an ubuntu laptop and they were read on Friday before the dist-upgrade.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Art Edwards

--
Arthur H. Edwards