Re: Opera is faster, but...

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:26:32 +0200
Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 12:06:35 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On an unrelated matter I installed Opera on Sid.
> >
> > It *is* faster than iceweasel.
> >
> > But because it hasn't got the ease of the adblock extension, that turns out
> > to be a wash.
>
> Privoxy does a decent job of filtering ads, web bugs and other nasty
> things. I have the impression that it is not quite as efficient in
> blocking ads as the combination of adblock and filterset.G, but privoxy
> is certainly much better than nothing and it works with any browser. (It
> is just a PRIVacy enhancing prOXY that you can run locally on your
> desktop computer.)

We discuss this every now and then (I use privoxy), but is there any
convenient way to easily add stuff that privoxy misses to its config
files?  Also, the default Debian privoxy runs once as root; adblock can
obviously be configured on a per-user basis.  Of course, I suppose one
could run multiple privoxies, on different ports, for different
users ...

> Regards,            | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
>           Florian   |

Celejar