Re: [OT] gob.mx = IE6 only!

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 07:39:57 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Octavio Alvarez wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 05:33:46 -0700, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>>> Tried to register at this site:
>>> http://www.trabajaen.gob.mx/servlet/CheckSecurity/JSP/jobsite_g/alta_usuarios_nuevos.jsp?estado=0
>>>
>>> Complete registration will only work for Mexican nationals because of the
>>> RFC and CURB entries.
>> That would be "CURP".
>>> When you hit any of the buttons in iceweasel, seamonkey or konqueror
>>> nothing happens! Neither with user-agent switcher!
>>>
>>> So this is an official Mexican government site *hardcoded* to M$ IE!

I am on Sid with iceweasel 2.0.0.4-1. When I access the site with
javascript turned off (noscript extension) then I can use both the
"register" button and the "recover password" button. The register button
takes me to a page with an input mask for personal data and the password
button takes me to a page where I can enter my email address to have my
password mailed to me. That seems OK to me.

If I change my user agent string to "IE 6.0 WinXP" (using the prefbar
extension) and turn on javascript then the "enter" button starts to work
as well, as far as I can tell: If I leave the email and password fields
empty and press "enter" then I get a dialog telling me to fill in my
email and password. If I put in a bogus email address and password then
I am simply returned to the login screen after the server checks them.

Which version of iceweasel and which user agent string did you use?

          Florian   |