Re: Weird Apache errors

On Jul 8, 2007, at 2:36 PM, ArcticFox wrote:

On Jul 8, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 02:16:36PM -0500, ArcticFox wrote:
Let me know if I should send this to the Apache people.

Here's the deal, I have three domains that all point at my server and
three different webroots for them. Before I had all this server trouble
I had it working just fine using NameVirturalServer and ServerName
directives. However now I'm getting a message when ever I try and start
Apache that's telling me: "apache2: Could not reliably determine the
server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName"
Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I've never seen this
before.

Well, the first thing the Apache folks would ask you is "what does the
error log say?"

Regards,

-Roberto

The log file only has this in it:

(2)No such file or directory: apache2: could not open error log file /var/log/apache2/step/error.log.
Unable to open logs

Though that might be my fault... hold on...

Well what do you know. There was no directory there and that was causing Apache to fail. Wow, picky...

Thanks! You guys are a life saver! (And a lot faster than the Apache lists..)

Ok, new question; anyone know how to change what file apache looks for first? (That is, I want it to load 'index.php' first, then 'index.html' and so on.) I found it once before but I can't remember where it was.