Re: .bash_history deleted

Hi Anna.

Anna Machens, 08.07.2007 15:48:
>  (i'm using debian unstable )
>  i am totally confused. suddenly, my .bash_history file for root did not
>  exist
>  anymore.

That’s really odd; I experienced the same thing yesterday. Suddenly there was no
history anymore but since then, the file has been growing normally like before.

> now, i've been checking for rootkits, sniffers, listening
> ports and
>  all that, and did not find anything suspicious.

Same here.

> is it possible, that the
>  file
>  could have been deleted by some upgrade or other kind of weird error? i am
>  quite sure that i did not erase it myself.

I’m curious too now. I wouldn’t have looked farther into that if you hadn’t
raised the question.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules