Re: lenny: what do I need to get amarok to play mp3s?

On Sat July 7 2007 09:18:53 pm David Fox wrote:
> Subject line pretty much describes the situation. I've even purged and
> reinstalled amarok, but this still
> brings up an error when I try to play an mp3 file.

It should just play. It could be sound is muted in your mixer settings. I
always use alsamixer on the console to set my mixer settings and then
use "alsactl store" to save them although any mixer will do, kmix for
instance. Does sound work on your box aside from amarok?