Re: lenny comfortable yet?

On Sat July 7 2007 08:02:35 pm David Fox wrote:
> > In a nutshell you need to get the installer from the nvidia website and
> > copy
> > nvidia_drv.so into /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers. But I get this from the
> > Xorg.0.log:
>
> (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X
> (EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
> (EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module.
> If
> (EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please try
> (EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
>
> My xorg.conf does have a module "glx" line.

You do have the nvidia-glx package installed with the same version as your
kernel module right? It should be I think the nvidia-kernel package depends
on it. It's a good idea to install nvidia-glx-ia32 if your running amd64 as
well.

If that's all good I would purge the nvidia-* packages and reinstall as the
error message suggests.